March 28, 2011

Kobe Birthday

I'm now six years closer to 30, my "ideal" age. In 2017 I envision myself being through with all my degrees and certifications I want to attain, settled in a career, finances in order and starting a family possibly.  But in the meantime I'm stuck at 24.

Had thoughts of doing this blog post all weekend with no particular goal in mind and I realized I didn't take any birthday pictures, which was on Friday. I'd done the regular work-and-school thing, then attended the annual fashion show the Black Students Union put on at my school.  Last year I didn't go but my friends Christine and Akil were walking, so I wasn't missing it. Albeit my digital camera was full and my video cam takes crappy five megapixel pictures. Unfortunately, I can't take the images from my head and post 'em. =/ Twas a great show though! Hopefully I can edit the post with a YouTube upload. I know someone had to have taped it.

But back to being 24...

This year style-wise I really want to cut out the impulse and trendy buying.  The dress I wore on Friday was very much both of those things.  Got it the day before after I had vowed I'd just wear something I already owned and had never worn. So much for that! The dress'll be great for the summer but I don't predict wearing it out as I get older.


Wore it with black tights and my Steve Madden Dynastee's

I'm always pretty sure about what I like and what suits my body; it's just time to rewire my brain to reconfigure my style in something much more demure without losing the edge and fun I like to add to my looks. I can't wait for it to warm up so I can experiment, and try things I usually wouldn't wear. Mentioned in a previous post I'd gotten a caftan dress from Zara and that's probably my first out-of-the-box buy for the summer I'm dying to wear with  these beauties called Rego from Steve Madden.

Side Note: wedges are gonna be my go-to-heels for this summer.

With that said, I took some pics a few minutes ago, to add some color to the post, in a sailor-inspired look but in a non-traditional color palette.


Top & Shorts: H&M, Wedges: Steve Madden, Sunnies: Forever21


Red and green are complimentary colors so they look great together. Snakeskin print in khaki and olive tones blend right in 


I can totally see myself doing this look for the summer. But I need new olive shorts. Seems I've gained some weight over the winter. =/

7 comments:

  1. I love that you've acknowledged your KOBE birthday! Tryna get that Kobe number 1 over Jordan!

    -O

    ReplyDelete
  2. This picture is super cute. I love your hair and your style!

    Let's be blogger friends girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg girl, i have the same problem..with trendy buying. i feel like I'll only wear some of my clothes once and that's it..it's bad lol. but thanks for the comment! : ) hope you have a great time with your mom as well. btw I'm not too sure about the nail polish color because I got them done at the salon :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no! you will have your own beautiful spring weather soon, promise! haha, awwww. super cute pictures, missy. you look freaking gorgeous with short hair! I'm officially following you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy birthday! yeah, 24 is NOT that great... blech... I've been stuck at 24 since September and you're right 30 does sound pretty nice! honestly, we just can't enjoy our 20's like our parents could. we have huuuuuuuge concerns and worries, that they could never imagine. oh well... hey! I gained weight over the winter too, harrumpf!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for visting my blog, loving the short fro on ya!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...