March 16, 2011

Extra Ventilation

So I'm going to get straight to the point: what's up with people, both male and female, wearing jeans that are ripped in the crotch??

About a month ago I'm jumping into my favorite pair of Old Navy jeans and heard the God-awful ripping noise. This was the result:


My sister was laughing at me while I felt like crying. Not because it may be an indication that I grew out of them, but because they were my go-to jeans; quite a departure from the hate I once had for them when my mom bought them some years ago.  I knew I had to retire them. No way in hell was I going to embarrass myself. What if they ripped even more?? So here I am with these thoughts and then I see a girl on the train last night with my rip x 10! o_0

Now, this isn't the first time I've seen someone do it. I'd been even more amazed one time when I saw a guy do it seeing that they have "hanging parts", and he was dressed quite dapper.  That immediately changed my perception of him. Doesn't one's level of self-consciousness go on red alert when we have a rip so close to the area we wear clothes to cover in the first place? Or does the built-in air conditioning feel so good it outweighs that?? Not to mention it just looks untidy. I don't get it. Unless it happened to you while you were out and it's no intentional. I've seen someone put more rips in their jeans to make it look like a "style", so I know people wear it consciously. -_-

Destroyed denim is hot. Ripped crotches? Not so much.

1 comment:

  1. A pair of my jeans just ripped in that God forsaken area. But I always get my jeans patched...go to your nearest dry cleaners to do it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...