February 22, 2011

The Meet of the Matter



Had no clue what to wear!
 

It's amazing how time flies by.  Seems as though it was only a few days ago I sat typing an email to the prospects for this Get Julu'd project.  In all actuality it had been three weeks and we were all excited to finally meet up this past Saturday; we'd been exchanging BBMs in the meantime so we were well acquainted with each other.

If you live in NYC you know we had two gorgeous Spring teasers on Thursday and Friday. Saturday, however, was a completely different story! Twas freezing and I'm sure all of us ladies would've rather been wrapped up in bed. Nothing a good ole Texas-sized drink from Dallas BBQs couldn't fix though!


We initially met up in GAP because Delle, our British Virgin Island beauty, couldn't resist their 40% off deals going on. Lol I must admit they did have some pretty good stuff on sale but I resisted the urge, as well as, Sharisa who I had met up with a few minutes before.  My sister was also in tow taking part in some impulse shopping like Delle.  At that moment I knew we'd all be getting along perfectly fine since we shared that similar problem.  Kendra and Lauren met with us shortly after and we made our way to dinner. 



Left to Right: Sharisa, myself, Kendra, Lauren & Delle


Sister Juana joined in for a shot


Dinner started off with a toast to Tanya, one of the missing ladies who was sick, and being the nice people we are, we sent her a photo so she could see what she was missing. Hehe. Conversation flowed as we ate and drank and got to know more about each other.  We touched on everything from what we wanted to achieve with our wardrobes to our careers to our Blackberry addictions and tattoes.  We clicked really well and I'm extremely pleased with the group of women I'll be taking this journey with.  Means the world to me that they have confidence in my ability to help mold the style they want.


Toast to Tanya!

There's one person I didn't mention and that's Zirla, who will also be a part of this blogging experience.  She had expressed months ago that she needed some help to organize and de-clutter her wardrobe, so it was only right she be a part of the group.  Next outing, hopefully with some warm weather, we'll all be able to meet up.

Until then, over the next couple of weeks I'll be visiting everyone's homes to get the wardrobe analyses going.  And you'll get to see it all!

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...