June 21, 2012

Wishful Thinking: St.Kitts Music Festival Edition

In the US the music festival that seems to be most synonymous with fashion, style and entertainment is Coachella.  For those of yourself like me who have never been, I'm sure you've spent minutes -and maybe hours- browsing the photo galleries of the who's-who checking out all the hot summer styles looking for some inspiration to infuse into your own wardrobe.  For a change this year, I didn't. Yeah that's right I said it; I didn't look at one single photo from Coachella... How could  I possibly do that when the only thing on my mind is St.Kitts?!!

Not only am I missing the beaches, my family and friends and just good ole' island living, I'm missing the St.Kitts Music Festival too! From since the age of thirteen or so, I've attended each and every year so it's pretty much become a tradition.  And here I am missing it again on its sixteenth year of production, which is appropriately dubbed "Sweet 16".


The line-up's packed with a little bit of something for everyone. There's Thursday night which us locals dub "Jump-up Night" that's filled with soca music that's guaranteed to make you buss a sweat, Friday night packed with dancehall and reggae artists that you're gonna skank and dub to allll night, and R&B and soul on Saturday night that'll make you fall in love all over again (or possibly hate even more if it's that type of situation- ha!)

So in honor of my absence this year (boo-hoo!) I'll be posting looks for each night I would've potentially worn if I'd been there.  And of course I can't leave you guys hanging, especially if you've followed my Facebook page when it was formerly juluSTYLES.  Every year I put together looks to give you guys some inspiration in deciding what you're gonna wear.  

First post is up at 8pm sharp tonight! (I don't wanna miss Game 5 of the NBA play-offs. MIA or OKC? I'm rollin' with the Thunder!)

Sneak peek of Saturday night's looks!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...