June 23, 2012

Wishful Thinking: SKMF- Saturday Night

I hope you guys have been enjoying the looks so far because we're now at the last night of looks for the St.Kitts Music Festival. For the ladies that is. Dedicating one final post tomorrow for the men, and I'm collaborating with Asiff of Man vs. Threads to really infuse a man's point-of-view. Check out his blog in the meantime; he's got amazing style and taste!

With Saturday night's looks I decided to bring the glam! I know if I were going I'd definitely be putting on heels and a dress just because it's R&B/soul night. Of course pants are an option but there's gorgeous dress trends I think would be more than appropriate for the night.

The first look features the hi-low maxi skirt which is HUGE this summer. I'm sure you've seen them, as well as, the dress version (Forever 21 has a wide variety of super cute ones if you're on the hunt). The hi-low skirt is perfect for anyone. I was skeptical because of my height but I bought a dress version from Old Navy a few months back and I love it! It's also a versatile piece to suit any personality.

Pleated chiffon dresses are also big. They're super feminine and an easy way to achieve a sophisticated look. Pair with metallic sandals and dainty accessories to keep it classy. Shift dresses (Look 3) are another fab option, and I love that this DKNY dress incorporates sequin and the color-blocking trend. Wedges would be perfect with a dress like this, but flat sandals would be equally fab since the dress is glamorous on its own.



If I were going I'd wear...


Sequin Dress: Urban Outfitters
Neon Dress & Clutch: H&M
Both pairs of Wedges: Steve Madden

The sequin dress comes with a matching oilve slip dress but I thought it would be more "me" to wear it with my neon dress and rolled up as a top. What do you think? Couldn't make up my mind on shoes either but I think the snakeskin blends better. Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...