June 21, 2012

Wishful Thinking: SKMF- Thursday Night

In all the years I've attended the St.Kitts Music Festival (SKMF), about 10 or so years, I don't recall ever going on a Thursday night.  Soca used to be my thing when I was a kid; I can recall being live entertainment on more than one occasion especially Friday nights when my parents would have little get-togethers. Quite vividly I remember dancing in the back of a minivan on a family road trip from NYC to Maryland one summer.  Anyone that knows me now probably can't begin to imagine it 'cause I'm rarely ever caught dancing. Lol

But anywho...   

As I put these looks together I tried to keep different personalities and age groups in mind, so there's a little bit of something for everyone whether young or old, trendy or conservative.  For simplicity's sake, I decided to go sans accessories since those are really a matter of taste and highly subjective.  I used the bare minimum to give you just enough to start imagining what you can come up with. 

Side note: Fellas, haven't forgotten you; you get a post to yourself on the weekend!

For Thursday night, shorts are a definite must!  Studded denim, scalloped shorts, pleated shorts, tie-dye shorts, colored denim shorts and the list-goes-on-of-shorts are perfect to rock out in for a summer concert.  If you're older or conservative, boyfriend fit jeans are an appropriate alternative from the leg-bearing option. To combat all the sweat you'll be producing as you whine, a cotton top is a great piece to wear to keep you cool.  If you opt for a chiffon top like the third look illustrates, you may want to consider wearing a cotton camisole.  I think it goes without saying that comfortable, flat shoes are the best way to go for Thursday night.




If I were going I'd wear...

Completely broke my idea of wearing a cami under chiffon but you get the picture

Top, Shorts, Bag, Beaded Bracelets: H&M
Belt: Gap
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell "Kelley"


------
Can you see yourself in any of these looks?  How'd you make it your own?


1 comment:

  1. Thursday nights are deemed for short pants and tear up tees, for the "ladies". As guys, what should we wear?.... Button ups and cargo short?,T-shirts and jeans?. Well put together outfits for the ladies thou, loving the styles.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...