June 1, 2011

Chopped and Shoes

Here's yet another edition of chopped photos. Just love those don't you? =P  I'll work on that over the summer, I swear.

Anywho...

It's been ridiculously hot in NYC this past week and it seems the summertime weather is here to stay.  Needless to say, I've traded in all my winter jeans for my favorite summer staples: shorts! I usually buy them in a khaki material just because they keep me cooler than denim shorts do. And after months of wearing denim, do I really need to wear more in the summer? Linen's also another pant favorite during the summer.

These photos are from last Thursday and Saturday respectively.

Vest, Rings & Belt: H&M  Top: Old Navy  Earrings: Yumnah Najah



Wore the pin I made. Will be making some for sale.

Bird's eye of Kelley by Jeffrey Campbell

Say "hi" to my girls Lol  Bag: H&M

Close up of the earrings. Go to www.yumnahnajah.com to purchase!
Can't remember where I discovered these lovely hand-painted earrings by Yumnah Najah, but once I browsed her site there was no question I'd be getting a pair. I'm sure you'll fall in love too!



Top: Old Navy  Shorts, Accessories & Bag: H&M
Belt: Necessary Clothing (SoHo boutique)  Watch: Anne Klein

I wore my moccasins that day but ended up going for an impromptu pedicure by my favorite Korean nail shop in my 'hood. Hence, the $1 flip flops. Lol  Tugging on my shorts 'cause they ride up. That's where my 10 lbs went, Alex! Check out her amazing blog: Of Mice and Minutiae.

Wore my heart pin again plus earrings turned brooch.
Got the earrings that I've been wearing as brooches from Keri of www.yesnatty.com. To purchase, check out her Etsy shop.

What's life without a good ole bathroom pic? =X

Sidenote: Both Yumnah and Keri have served as inspiration for me to get back into my craftiness. Been making pins and purchasing art supplies like crazy. Thank ya! You have no idea how inspiring you've been.

Side side note: Remember in my last post I had mentioned 
I got some wedges by Steve Madden from
 David Z and exchanged them
 for my JC's? Well, and I'm so ashamed to say this, 
I bought them back directly from SM 
in the color I wanted on Monday. -covers eyes-


What's your weakness? You already know what mine is...


4 comments:

  1. When you're beautiful you can wear whatever whenever and still WERK it! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. iLove Linen also but I can't stand how fast it gets wrinkled!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both outfits! And a shoe weakness is never a bad thing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my goodness! haha, it is only when consistently tugging on one's shorts as they creep further and further into the abyss that one realizes the extent of a recent weight gain! I hear you, but, let me tell you, there isn't a single soul looking at you and thinking a darn negative thing about you! I mean really, your legs are gooooorgeous! also, the pinnage on your tunic is precious and inspiring... some of those are earrings you say? I don't mind if I try that myself! thanks for the shout out, lady, sorry I didn't see this earlier, I've been a bad blogger lately :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...