January 24, 2011

I'm a Blogger Now...?

Is this thing on?

Yeah I think it is. =D

For quite some time I've been mulling over the idea of blogging. I just didn't know about what or if I'd keep up with it (I get bored easily). However, I did know I wanted it to be fashion and style based because that's been the one unwavering interest I've had for over a decade.

There are so many fashion and style blogs out there; I didn't want it to be like any other one you'd stumble across. I wanted mine to stand out so I tucked the idea of blogging in a file cabinet in the back of my mind.

Until now that is...


One night when I should've been studying for last semester's finals but was busy Facebooking, tweeting and doing everything else but, I had an ephiphany; light bulbs turning on and shit. "Why didn't I think of this before?" I thought. Next day I was on the phone calling my trusted "consultant" Ozelle, who's also my cousin, to share my thoughts. I felt good after our conversation. But somehow that enemy called "Doubt" crept in as the week progressed; the second-guessing began and the file cabinet was reopened.

---

Two weeks ago I cut all my hair off... "Again," those of you who know me will say. How is this relevant? My Big Chop got rid of my damaged hair, of course, but symbolically it represents shedding all my bad habits, specifically procrastination and complacency. With a few more days of Winter break left, for the first time in a long time I'm excited to resume classes and stay on top of my coursework. No more slacking or waiting until four hours before a deadline to do a project. It's with this same excitement and anxiety I'm bringing this blog to you.

Stay tuned for the Get Julu'd project.

2 comments:

  1. yes u are.. a blogger now. wishing nothing but continuance ( did i spell that right) success.. and lots of styling. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol yeah you did Delle.

    Thanks for the love guys!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...